Monday, June 2, 2008

Struggling

I am struggling with some issues tonight. I should be sound asleep by now, but I can't seem to get there. It's been a rough day, and I know that tomorrow is only going to be worse. My sister graduates tomorrow evening, from high school. While that is a good thing, I am faced with dealing with some deep hurts in my life. A few years ago, my dad's wife left. She was only 9 years older than me (another story) and we had become very close. She had become a part of my life prior to me having children. She loved and cared for my boys. She took care of them when I still worked, and they spent every Saturday evening with her and my father. She totally turned her back on God, my dad, my family, me, and my boys. She, her mother (who also now hates us-and yes that is the truth), and her sister will all be at this graduation. Because of that, my boys are not allowed to attend the ceremony. Scott and I decided it is best for them to not have to see her. I've cried most of the evening and do not want to go to the ceremony tomorrow. I know that I will go, but the panic is setting in, the hurt seems so fresh again, and I just don't know if I'm strong enough to handle it. The reality is, I'm not. Only through God can I accomplish this. So, if you've read this and think about it, could you please pray for us. I know that it is the only way I can manage.

5 comments:

Jana said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep trusting in Him!!

Carrie said...

I'll be praying for you and the rest of your family!

Tina and Russell said...

Les,

I will be praying for you.........remember what we talked about a long time ago. You are a bigger and better person. I know the hurt is there, as you know I have felt that same kind of hurt - we are kindred sisters of a sort! No matter what happens, God will give you the strength to get through today and your faith will raise you up! Plus remember even though we can't seem to have a complete conversation on the phone, I love you and miss you bunches!!!

Lots of Hugs and Love from Bedford!

Sharlyn said...

Hugs! I understand more than you know. Hang in there.

Martha C said...

Hope it all turned out okay. I am sure it was a bit. . .um. . . interesting to be with the whole clan again! Was Angela there, too?