Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mission Trip Day 1 and 2

We left on Tues. the 17th. We loaded up 5 vans filled with 35 5th and 6th graders along with 19 adults. We took one moving truck filled with our luggage and supplies for the VBS and work project.
We stayed in a hotel in Nashville. To keep with church code, we have to have 2 adults with every group of kids. To keep with state law, we could only have 6 people/hotel room. Two people had to sleep on the floor every night. In our room, Erin decided it was easier to sleep under the sink.


Here I am with Drew. He requested this picture in this spot as a repeat of last year photo with the two of us.


Drew was a big help carring things to the car. As you can see, I rewarded him with cookies!



This is Jordan. Joshua was drawn to this little boy. He worked with him for 2 days. This was a nice family story. He has two parents that care about him and his siblings. They just live in bad conditions, but the love and care are there.





On day 2, we gave out sno-cones and cotton candy.



This is Joe being mobbed for candy. It was unbelievable this year. Hands were grabbing everywhere and it was a different experience for all of us.









Drew and Joshua would roll balls to the kids and have them kick them. It was neat to listen to the boys praise the children for their efforts.





This was one of the things that broke my heart. This family just wanted their picture taken so badly, they wouldn't move until someone did it. I had my camera in my pocket and took their picture. They just wanted to see it on the screen. They will never get a copy of this (or any) photo, but it was so exciting to see it on the little screen. Oh, the things we take for granted!
Work project coming soon.........

















7 comments:

Cat said...

Hey! That is awesome, that you were able to show the children of your church compassion to others! You and the group have done God's work for people who may not completely believe that God does work in their lives. You all rock.

Jana said...

What an awesome trip!! Loved all the pics, (esp. the ones of Drew :-)!! Very neat ministry!!

Martha C said...

I enjoyed viewing your pictures! And to think . . .you posted them before Christmas! :-)

Lisa R said...

What a wonderful ministry! The pictures look like you all did a lot of work but had a lot of fun doing it :-)

Tina and Russell said...

Les,

Glad the trip went well. Joshua is becoming quite the young man! We miss you all!!!! We love you all very much and I miss my favorite neighbor and best friend. Who else would go grocery shopping at 11:00 PM! I will admit I miss those outings horribly and miss being able to borrow something instead of not making it. Plus I think "our" daughter misses you all too!

Brenda said...

Enjoyed this post - especially the pictures! I know Drew sure enjoyed the mission trip!

Anonymous said...

oZzy moved away ever before, I miss his cock, and I'm always hungry for intercourse.
FUCK MY PUSSY!

Also visit my blog - hcg injections