Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Me

This is me. No it's not a self portrait, it was taken by Joshua, in the position I'm usually in, chauffer! I thought you all may want to see what I actually look like. (Now I know many of you wish it would have remained a mystery!) I just turned 34 on April 19th, and I really still can't believe I'm that old! I was raised in a Wesleyan Holiness church, but my grandparents are the ones who took me. My parents were not christians (my dad was saved in 1993) so the rules of dress and hair didn't "apply" to me. Actually, my mom hated long hair and forced me to keep it short (so short I was mistaken for a boy even at the age of 12)! Once I was allowed to grow it (my teen years) I have kept it on the longer side, for the most part, but not long enough for it to go swimming in the toilet! (That was just for you, Angie) I am in the process of attempting to grow out my bangs for the first time in my life. It is driving me crazy! Two years ago, I lost 63 pounds, as you can tell, I gained it back! I am a stress eater, and it was a rough year and a half. I need to lose it again! For the past 8 years we have attended Springdale Nazarene Church. It was WAY out of my comfort zone to leave the church I had attended since I was 5. It was for the best. The children's department is wonderful, so is our pastor. My old church was really small, elderly, and other "issues" I won't go into. I have found a "niche" I didn't realize I had. I teach the 6th grade girls S.S. class (way different since I have all boys) and really enjoy doing outings with the 5th and 6th graders on a monthly basis. Scott and I both will be attending the preteen mission trip in June.

7 comments:

Martha C said...

How in the world can you think you have a rough time when you are related to me?! (Cough! Cough!)

Les said...

I was hoping I didn't come across as complaining about my life, then I realized you meant "my stress eating". Actually, it was all the childhood trauma of being beaten with sticks and running away so I couldn't catch up, that I must have been reliving!!! Maybe, it's all your fault! I love you, Marva
!

Angie D said...

A real picture of Les! Thank you, thank you! I think we'll keep you...

Les said...

I still like my "hair photo" better!

Michelle said...

Yay! Now we know what you look like!

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing the picture, now we can put a face to your name!!

Carrie said...

Yea! Ok, it's not self-taken, but I'm so glad you put your picture on! I, for one, am glad the mystery is gone!