Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Joshua and Andrew's New Walls

We rent the house we live in. It is actually a 3 bedroom, but we have only used 2 of the bedrooms for their intended purpose. The master bedroom is actually on the main floor of the house and the other two bedrooms are upstairs. We have made the master bedroom a playroom for the two younger boys. There is a room in the basement that had been added by one of our landlords relatives. (This house was a family home) The last people to rent prior to us, had 3 girls. They weren't the best tenants and did things without permission. They painted the basement room's walls. These were the handprints. Needless to say, Joshua and Andrew used this as their playroom but weren't thrilled with the walls. They had a sun and clouds too! I didn't get a pic of the tree and pretty pink flowers!
We decided to finally give the two older boys their own room. We have lived here almost 2 years. I made a phone call to our landlord and asked permission to paint. He had no problem with it. He didn't like what the previous people had done and he actually likes us!
We decided to go with maroon and gold. That is the school colors. The boys loved it! Scott did the outlets the opposite color of the wall they are on.
It has a drop ceiling. This is what Scott did with the ceiling. Some clouds had been painted on it so it needed to be painted over.
This is the closet door that you originally saw the handprints.
Please excuse the spots, my camera does goofy things sometimes! Here is one of the walls. Since Bill (our landlord) graduated from Ross also, he loved the new room! Scott put alot of hard work and effort into this project, and we all are grateful! The 2 older ones are now in their own room and love it!

6 comments:

Jana said...

WOW!! That looks great!! I love color!

Angie D said...

You just made 2 boys VERY happy, I think! I love it when Mommies get brave and make kid-friendly colors like that.

Martha C said...

Do I even need to mention that I love the colors? :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Everything looks great! Glad that y'all got that done...I know that it is rewarding to see it finished!

I love the colors too!

Love, Heather =)

Brenda said...

I love these colors! It looks really nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow Les, I love the big boys room. I am sure they are glad that they get their own room. Except when Andrew is in trouble and has to sleep down there by himself. But the ceiling looks very cool. GOTTA LOVE IT!
Cat