Sunday, June 24, 2007

VBS and the Weekend

It has been one exhausting week! Of course, just about all of them are anymore! I must be getting old! Anyway, my cousin Paul convinced Scott to join a softball team with him. Scott used to love to play ball, and I told him he ought to go for it. It's good exercise, and we would go cheer him on. This is Scott up to bat. One of these days I'll post an actual picture of him that you can see his face! This is my cousin, Paul, up to bat. The team lost 13-2, but it was their first game. Hopefully, they will get some better.
This morning we had our VBS program. We had a total of 375 kids signed up, with our highest night of attendance being Wed. with 309. I taught the 5th grade and had 25-32 kids each night. Some of those nights were very rough. Attitudes are running high in that age group! On Thurs. one boy, who was a visitor, asked Jesus into his heart! It was very exciting and makes all the rough part worth it! This is Aaron singing. Sorry the pics are dark, I just got a new camera and I'm trying to work with it still.
This is a pic of just one side of the church! There were so many kids there today! It was great!

1 comment:

Martha C said...

Hmmm. I didn't know that Paul played softball. With his work schedule I thought he would not have time for any normal activity. :-)