Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Weight

>Ok, I don't know how to turn pictures. I'm just trying to see how crazy people have to bend to look at this! This is actually an awful pic of me, but the point is my body, not face. I'm doing this for prayer and support. I've struggled with my weight most of my life. I had those few "glory years" in high school. The sad part is I thought I was fat then! A few years ago I lost 63 pounds. We had a lot of family trauma occur and I gained it all back. I am a stress eater. I use food to cope with feelings. When I lost the weight before, Troy (Martha's husband) told me I was an inspiration. Those words now haunt me. I know they weren't meant to, but it reminds me of what I failed at. I thought if I use this blog as a prayer support group and for accountability, it will help me so much. I am learning I need to use different things to cope. Mainly, I need to give it all to God. It seems so simple, but when I'm having a really bad day with the kids (attitudes and fighting are constant anymore) it seems easier to shove food in my mouth. This is my starting photo. I joined Curves too. I started June 4th and weighed 238.4. I plan on posting weekly weights to stay accountable. I figure if I put my numbers out there for the blogger world to see, it will help me stay focused. Thanks for your prayers and support.

7 comments:

Sharlyn said...

I'll be praying for you. There are no easy answers to this problem--I have weight issues, too. Hang in there!

Carrie said...

You go! We'll be cheering you on!

The Dickinsons said...

I'll be praying for you and I'll be cheering for you!

Thanks for your nice post about your SS class and the prayer cards about us that you made for them! That is so sweet of you to do that, and THANKS TONS for your and their prayers!! How special! Phillip, my husband...said that if you want a REAL missionary story, you could go and read about the HORRIBLE COW FOOT SOUP...with hairs floating in it...that he had to eat! UGH! I'm sure your SS girls would like that story! =) (You may have already read it though!)

Have a wonderful day in Jesus.
Love, Heather =)

Angie D said...

I'll be praying too. I used to be really thin, but I'm struggling with post-partum-over-30-whatever-it-is now too. Just remember that you're beautiful to God already! (And hide the cookies...)

The Dickinsons said...

You are right, Les, I remember now your comment on Phillip's YUCKY soup post! =)

Have a great night,
Love, Heather =)

Martha C said...

To rotate your pictures, right click on them, and you will be given all kinds of options.
I must tease you about your sad expression. I am always amused at "weight loss" pictures. The person is sad looking "before" and has a radiant face "after." :-) Did you do that on purpose or was Jared handling the camera?! Ha.
My heart goes out to you. Sorry I am not much of a help. I am too busy gaining weight right now. :-)

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Les, I have a weight problem too. I am hoping I can lose once we get back home. It is hard to do, believe me! I need to lose about 35 lbs. Hang in there, you can do it!!!!

Norma