Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day Dad!

This is me, my dad and my sister Meaghan. I just wanted to quickly say a very happy Father's Day to my dad. I know that he regrets not raising me in the ways of God (he did have awesome parents that did that) but he did teach me so many things. He is a wonderful christian example now! He is raising my 17 year old sister on his own and I know that hasn't been easy. He is always willing to keep my boys at any time I need help. He actually keeps them every Saturday night. (I know some of you are jealous) We meet him at church on Sunday mornings. This man took a week's vacation to keep my 3 younger boys, so that Scott and I can both go on the pre-teen mission trip with Joshua. He is completely unselfish and willing to help anyone. I love you Dad!!!

3 comments:

Angie D said...

He sounds like a real sweetie. Glad to get an update. When you last left us, you were cleaning up barf. I figured that had been one HORRIBLE mess!

The Dickinsons said...

That is a nice tribute to your Dad, and a cute pic of y'all! =) That is so nice that he helps out so much, he sounds like a dear Father!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I'm not sure what the temp. is here, but I'd say in the high 50's or 60's most of the time. I could wear a sweater, or jacket every day and be happy. For those days that I try not to wear a sweater, I end up putting my coat over my clothes. =) Our house is concrete, with NO HEAT, so it's almost always chilly in here.

Have a wonderful day,
Love, Heather =)

Martha C said...

Now go and get me teary-eyed again, will you! :-)
The older your dad gets, the more he reminds me of Pap. It is so bitter/sweet.