Monday, April 16, 2007

Joshua

This is Joshua William . He was half asleep in this photo (he requested that I inform you all of that). He was born March 5, 1996. It was a leap year and he was due Feb. 27th. In other words he was a week late. His middle name is after my father. It is hard for me to believe that I have an eleven year old. He is in the 5th grade, which in our school district places him in the middle school. He started playing the sax this past Sept. and had a solo in our church play in Dec. He obviously has God given talent musically. He did not get this from me, but we have a strong family of musicians on my side. (It somehow skipped me totally) He had his check-up last month and is almost 5ft. tall and weighs 105. He gained 20 pounds in the past year! He is sensitive to others feelings, but as puberty is hitting, I find him to be more sarcastic than ever before! Having a disabled brother has made him more conscientious to people with disabilities. He is not one to make fun of peers who cannot do things as well as others. Just tonight he was asking advice on what to do when kids on his baseball team make fun of his friend (who has never played before). He wouldn't make fun of him, but he also wanted to properly stand up for him too. He has his typical kid moments, but we are really proud of him! He has played baseball since kindergarten (t-ball then). He has played basketball in our church's Upwards program since 2nd grade. He says he wants to try football this year. He keeps us very busy! Mostly, he is looking forward to our church's preteen mission trip this summer, to intercity Nashville.

5 comments:

Angie D said...

I'm having enough trouble with mine being 7--I can't even think about 11!

Michelle said...

Nice to "meet" Joshua! I can't believe I have a 7-year-old either, Angie. I remember when Steven was born and those "older mommies" had the 7-year-old boys. Now, I'M that "older mommy" with the 7-year-old! :o(

Les said...

Does that make me "the ancient mommy" with an 11 year old?

Martha C said...

What do you mean "skipped you totally?" You ought to put a singing clip on your blog and let everyone be the judge. :-)

Les said...

I want people to keep reading!