Friday, April 6, 2007

Continuing Frustration

Today is the first day of our spring break. The flurries have begun (I hate snow), my kids are exceptionally rowdy, and I still can't get pictures to post on my blog. I called the technical support department (since both my camera and computer are HP's) to see if there was any possibility to fix my problem. I picked the number to call that claimed to only speak English. Well, the man spoke English, but not very well. He continued to call me "Lee", until I finally said, "It is Leslie". I may have let it slide had I not been so irritated by that point. If I paid $30 he would transfer me to the support team, who could walk me thru simple steps to make my pictures work. I wanted to know if it was even possible to make it work before I paid any money. I told him I would want to discuss it with my husband first and decide what we would do. He then told me he would hold while I phoned my husband for permisson! Apparently, he didn't understand that I wasn't asking for permisson, but to consult with my spouse about our options!!! Hopefully, tonight we can get someone who may help us better, and Scott will be home for me to get permisson from!

4 comments:

Dixie said...

There are several ways to post photos on your blog. The way I find to be the easiest is to have your pictures in Picasa (you can download this software for free - http://picasa.google.com/). Choose your pictures, place them on hold in the photo tray and then hit the "Blog This" button. You can only post 4 pictures at a time according to blogger's instructions. I find it best to upload 2 or 3 at a time as 4 doesn't always work. I hope this is of some help to you.

Brenda said...

Hope you can soon figure it out!!!

Brenda said...

I completely understand how frustrating it can be to try to "talk" with someone who doesn't speak much English. A few years ago I called a computer support line and discovered I was talking to someone in India!

Glad you have entered the blog world! :-)

Carrie said...

I agree with Dixie, until you can just plug that camera into the computer, put what you have into Picasa and load them onto Blogger from there.