Thursday, April 5, 2007

In the beginning......

God created the heavens and the earth. Wait, wrong story for this post. I just thought I'd fill you all in a little about myself. Leslie (that would be me) was born on April 19,1973. My birthday has always been a big deal to me. People thought I'd grow out of it, especially once I hit 30, but I never did. I'm like a little kid who still counts it down. Fast forward to October,1992. I was invited to go "haunted housing" with a friend from high school, and some people she worked with at Kings Island. I went, and met a cute guy, named Scott. The next day, at another gathering, I found out he was still in high school. I was in shock (I graduated in 1991), I thought he was in college like the rest of us. His first response to me was to inform me he was 18. He had been for a whole 2 weeks! Well, I didn't let the year and a half age difference stand in my way. I thank God everday for that. Scott does love to rub in how much older I am than him, and our kids find humor in it also. On September 24,1994, we married. Our first son, Joshua, was born in March,1996, Andrew came December, 1997, Aaron was born September, 2000, and our surprise, Jared, was born in November,2002.

Scott commented on the title of my blog. He didn't seem happy. I thought about using Clark Capers, until I looked it up in the dictionary, and realized it meant illegal activity. The more I thought about my title, I realized it fits. We are raising 4 boys, and there is never a dull moment. Life is crazy, chaotic, but wonderful! Stay tuned for more.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi Les...I'm Aimee....=) Nice to meet you.

Les said...

Aimee,

I just posted a message for you on Carrie's blog. Yours wouldn't let me for some reason. (It could be just me, I'm new to all of this)

It's nice to meet you too!

Carrie said...

Hmm. What in the world made you look up "Clark Capers" in the dictionary??

Les said...

I was trying to come up with a catchy title that began with a "c". I'm not always that swift.

Jana said...

hey Les,

Just wanted to welcome you to the "Blog World".

I went to college with Carrie, and am Jeff Englund's sister. It truly is a small world. :-)