Friday, November 30, 2007

From Thanksgiving to Tree Trimming

I've been missing for awhile! I've been reading everyone's blogs, but not commenting much. I've been so busy with things at school, it's been chaos. Here's a little update on the family:
Thanksgiving went well again this year. There was 20 something people there and we also have to add to the dining room table. We also set a table up in the living room for people to eat. I'm so blessed to be part of a family that eats together and allows others who don't have family to join our celebration.


This is a glimpse of some of the festive chaos.





I thought I'd throw in a better picture of Scott and me. I told him he had to look like he liked being in a photo with me!


The decorating began on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Aaron is obsessed with Christmas. I do mean that literally. He is upset that we don't have everything we own out. We can't bring everything out because Aaron plays with it all and tries to put it all in his room. It's really fun around here at this time of year.


Jared hangs ornaments.






Aaron and Andrew add their share.





Joshua doing his part.








The finished product. I allow the kids to do all the tree trimming with minimal help from me. They enjoy it and I enjoy it being part of them. Of course, you can tell that it is decorated by children by the placement and type of ornaments. I think this is the fun part. I can hear Martha gasp at the sight of it. :) (She's the decorator of the family, not me)







Molly's favorite place to lay. I don't know what it is, but every year she lays under the tree. She doesn't try to climb it, or mess with it in any way.
I pray you all are doing well!








3 comments:

Jana said...

Welcome back!! :-) Your tree looks very cute, I'm all for "kid-friendly" things these days.

Martha C said...

Your tree is "cute." We have one just like it in the boys' room. Believe it or not, I looove watching them decorate and do things their style. Seth carefully arranges, and Ethan piles it all on the same branch. :-) Seth, very much like his mother, returns to make the tree look nicer. I remember doing that during my growing up years, and believe me - I got a few family members mad!
In my own defense, yes, I still have a "pretty" tree in the living room.
I missed playing the Thanksgiving games at the homestead this year. Come to think of it, we will never be there for any winter holidays until all animals are gone. Joan's place is the only one we can go to, and it would be hilarious trying to cram everyone in there! Ha! Had a great meal here with my Mom cooking.

Angie D said...

Hey, at least yours have figured out not to put all the ornaments on one branch! Kent would have tipped the tree without my intervention.