Friday, August 24, 2007

I Am Alive.....

.......barely! I really hate to move. I know there are many of you that will agree with me. Moving with children has always been a challenge, but moving with a special needs child in the mix is only understood by those who've done it. School doesn't start until the 28th and I can't wait. I need them all out of the house so I can get things organized. I'm very tired of living out of boxes and bags. Throw in the fact that I am team mom for Joshua's football team and "head team mom" of all the team moms (a position I was appointed at a meeting I was not in attendance for) with a charity game coming up for Shriner's Hospital, it has been even more interesting. I am receiving baskets for the auction being added to all the junk in my house. I also am the chair for The Family Fun Committee at the boys elementary school. We are doing an ice-cream social for Open House. This a.m. I had to order 900 more cones and 24 more gallons of ice-cream. Life is never boring and for that I'm thankful. I do sometimes wish for a little quiet! I am including these pictures to prove how much of a mess I really am in. If you do not hear from me for a long time, please send someone to check under a pile! This was our old house. We had moved some beds. This is how I woke up and found Andrew sleeping one morning.
These curtains really need to go! These are found in Aaron and Jared's room.


The mess in Aaron and Jared's room.


Bringing all the laundry over and sitting it in my living room/dining room. At least Joshua was able to sit and eat breakfast. (I don't normally allow hats at the table, he was about to leave with some friends to go to Kings Island)



This is our closet size bedroom. We cannot shut the door yet.





The mud room. I will love having this when it is organized. The curio is going in the yard sale tomorrow.





I can't wait to cook real food again. I am so tired of eating out! The kitchen is small so the boxes are really in the way!





The basement where everything else was thrown.







The endless mounds of laundry! I will hopefully return soon........

3 comments:

Angie D said...

Poor Les! We're planning to move as soon as Gene finishes grad school, but the thought of trying to organize and pack everything makes me want to scream. Just keep telling yourself: ONE BOX AT A TIME!

The Dickinsons said...

Bless your heart! I cannot imagine how swamped you must feel right now!
I'll pray for you (and Aaron) during this time! And by the way, Do you think that you should join another committee? HA!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

Love, Heather =)

Martha C said...

Sounds like you need your cousin who loves to sort and organize. Oops. I forgot. I can't lift much right now. :-)