Friday, July 27, 2007

My Daughter is Coming for a Visit!

Yes, you did read the title correctly. I know you all think I have just 4 boys, but I have a daughter that I get once a year. Her name is Rachel. That is actually what I was going to name two of my boys had they been girls. Ok, so Rachel isn't really my daughter, but I love her just the same. My dear friend, Tina, was my neighbor. Rachel and Joshua are the same age and were in class together. In 2003, Tina needed someone to help with Rachel for 2-4 wks. during the summer. Tina's grandmother helped with the kids and was going home for a visit. Well, during her visit, she fell and broke her hip. The few weeks turned into an entire summer. It was the greatest! Rachel truly became part of our family. Tina has sinced moved to Kentucky, near Louisville. It has been so hard to have her farther away. It is so great to have Rachel for one full week every summer. The boys call her their "sister" and Scott and I enjoy a "daughter" for a little while. Rachel has asked her mom if she thought she would be "blog worthy" after this visit. I told her I was so excited she was blog worthy before she even gets here!! I will take lots of pictures for new blogs. We get her tomorrow evening. Please pray for her families safe trip and for her mom's seperation anxiety!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh how fun! Hope you enjoy your time together!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning -

I hope you all had a good evening together last night. It was so awesome to see Scott and the boys at your Dad's. I only wish I would have gotten to see you, but I will on Friday! The boys have gotten so big. I have to tell you, it almost made me cry when I saw Aaron. He stood at the back (closed) and keep calling Rachel, my Rachel. He had a grin from ear to ear on his face. As soon as she hugged me goodbye, she was gone in the door and I could hear her just lovin' on Aaron. I hope you all have a great week and continue to build wonderful memories and deepen your relationship with her. I am so blessed by God that you and my daughter have that special relationship, that I feel that no matter what happens you are the one person that she will always feel that she confide in and trust! I love you with all my heart and miss you so much! I really miss our "late night" Kroger runs! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Angie D said...

Borrowing a daughter--that's the way to do it. Maybe I should try that...

Martha C said...

So, you are fine with me having another boy? :-) Ha. Like I know.

Tamra said...

Anxiously awaiting those pictures!